Eric is our top-producing Mortgage Loan Originator, licensed in Minnesota. He has served Veterans, First Time Home Buyers, Investors, and everything in-between. He has experience with 0 down payment loans: VA loans & USDA Financing. He’s also worked with traditional financing, including FHA Financing (including the 203(k) rehabilitation loan) and Conventional loans. Using that experience, he can help his borrowers determine the best loan program for them, from all MLS Mortgage Group’s lenders and financing options.
He gives them the tools to make informed decisions, by providing them options and striving to simplify the ever-complicating mortgage process.
Between him and his wife, both part of “The House Team”, they have over 26 years of combined experience. They are looking forward to the day that their dual combined experience surpasses their individual ages. They’ve specialized in home purchases since they began financing homes – but are still happy to help out our clients that are hoping to save some green by (or another ambitious reason for) refinancing the mortgage. Due to their specialization in the home purchase business, our competitive pricing, as well as our ethical commitment to put our clients first, they receive many recommendations from top-producing REALTORS® and other industry professionals (as well as their clients’ beloved friends and family) in the Twin Cities area. They love what they do and it shows.
When they are not originating home loans and creating educational material for borrowers and industry professionals, they can be found year round, enjoying their family time. Their family time includes exploring Minnesota, biking, games, Legos, reading, gardening, and cooking together. Improving their home (and Investment Properties) is a regular D-I-Y endeavor (with some outside help every once in a while) that they enjoy together, involving their kids as much as possible. During the summer, they like to be out on the lake spending time with their kids (and they bring their rescued Black Lab/Whippet mix out with them also. They haven’t taken their two rescued cats out there, yet…). Whether it be swimming, taking pictures, enjoying the sounds and view (including our state bird), fishing, or just plain “boating” as their youngest calls it – it’s easy to find something to do out on the lake.
If you want to know more, here are 3 things you may not know about Eric…
- Eric likes classic cars.
- He also enjoys audio and home theater systems.
- Eric has pet a tiger cub.
- He also high-fived a full-grown tiger – in retrospect, probably not the smartest idea…
- Eric was married to Shel in the same year she founded MLS Mortgage Group, in 2004.
- Eric enjoys his Tarantulas. Currently he has three:
- A Mexican Redknee (Brachypelma smithi), named Mrs. T., unexpectedly, she has a calm nature and beautiful markings, which has earned her Shel’s favoritism, which is a good thing due to the fact Mrs. T can live for 30 years!
- A Greenbottle Blue (Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens), affectionately named Gus due to her grumpy nature, Gus can’t seem to web enough…
- And finally, a Chilean Rose Hair Tarantula (Grammostola rosea), named Ham by their 2nd born child – probably due to her faint-rose markings (and his limited language at 2-years-old).
- He has had these three Tarantulas for over 5 years and hopes to adopt more in the near future.
If you’d like Eric House to help you with home financing in Minnesota, just contact us!
NMLS #: 339496